- 1 eggplant
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 500 g penne
- 100 g sausage, country
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon(s) capers
- 1 tablespoon(s) olives, cut into rounds
- 250 g anthotyro cheese
- 300 g cherry tomatoes, mulicolored
- thyme, fresh, to serve
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven over 200ο C (390* F) Set to Fan.
- Cut the eggplant into 1 mm thin slices using the knife or on the mandolin.
- Place eggplant in a bowl. Add salt and pepper and mix with half of the olive oil.
- Place a rack on top of a baking pan and place the eggplant slices in the baking pan, one next to the other.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Boil the penne following the instructions on the package. Strain, cover and transfer to a bowl.
- Cut the sausage into 0.5 cm slices. Heat the rest of the olive oil in a deep pan over medium heat and sauté the sausage slices for 2-3 minutes stirring every so often.
- Cut the onion and the garlic into slices. Add them to the pan with the sausage and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the penne, salt, pepper, caper and olives. Mix. Remove pan from heat.
- Add the eggplant slices and crumble the anthotyro cheese or the feta cheese by hand.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in the middle and add them to the rest of the ingredients.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme and serve.
Instead of the anthoyro cheese, you can use any feta cheese you like!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by