For the homemade pasta dough
- Place the flour on your working surface and make a well in its center. Add in the eggs, lightly beaten, the olive oil, and the salt.
- Mix with a fork, incorporating a little flour at a time. When the dough starts forming and you aren’t able to continue mixing with the fork, start kneading with your hands.
- Firstly, the dough will stick to your fingers but if you knead it constantly for at least 10 minutes, you will see it thickening and getting the desired consistency. If you want, you can make the dough in the mixer, too.
- When it’s ready (it will have a velvety texture and it won’t stick to your hands anymore), wrap it in plastic wrap so that it doesn’t dry, and let it rest for 30-60 minutes.
For the fusilli
- Divide the dough into 5 g balls.
- With your hands, shape thin ropes with the dough balls and wrap them around wooden skewers.
- Boil the pasta (on the skewers) at medium-high heat for 2-4 minutes (depending on the thickness) in salted water.
- Drain the pasta and keep 50-70 g of the water where it boiled.
For the sauce
- At the same time, prepare the sauce by processing all of the ingredients in a food processor.
- Add the water of the pasta into the sauce, processing for 2-3 more minutes.
- Mix the sauce with the pasta, garnish with the cherry tomatoes, the raisins, the basil leaves, and serve.