- 1 1/2 kilo pumpkin, whole
- olive oil
- pepper, freshly ground
- 250 g feta cheese
- 3 clove(s) of garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) mustard, powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon(s) coriander, powder +extra for serving
- 500 g shell pasta
Pasta Shells with Pumpkin Pesto
1 hour 10 min
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 200* C (392* F) Fan.
- Remove the skin and seeds from the pumpkin.
- Cut the flesh in to ½ - 1 cm cubes, drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 15-25 minutes, so that most of the moisture evaporates.
- When ready, add half of the pumpkin in a food processor, along with 100 g of the feta cheese, garlic, mustard, half of the ground coriander, pepper and some olive oil.
- Beat until you create a nice pumpkin pesto sauce. The amount of olive oil added will depend on how juicy the pumpkin is. You want to create a pesto sauce that is quite thin.
- In the meantime, boil the pasta shells according to the directions on the box. When ready, drain and toss with the pesto sauce.
- To the other half of the pumpkin cubes, add the remaining ground coriander and feta.
- Serve the pasta shells topped with pumpkin cubes and mustard leaves.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by