- 250 g orzo pasta
- 500 g water
- 1 onion
- 4 tablespoon(s) tahini
- 3 clove of garlic
- 1 leek
- 2 bay leaves
- cherry tomatoes
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- olive oil
Orzo with tahini
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
This is a very tasty orzo! The tahini added, gives it a very interesting flavor!
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Use a wide, short pot or a pan to make this dish.
- Place pot over heat and allow it to get very hot.
- Add 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add the onion and leek and sauté for 5-8 minutes, until they soften and become translucent.
- .Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute then add the cherry tomatoes.
- Add the orzo, can of chopped tomatoes, water, salt and pepper and herbs. Stir and add the tahini.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, transfer mixture to a baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes have gone by, try some to make sure it is done. If not bake a little longer until orzo is completely cooked,
- Remove from oven. Set aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Serve. You can also add some grated cheese.
Sauté the orzo… it becomes absolutely delicious!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by