- 250 g orzo pasta
- 500 g water
- 1 onion
- 4 tablespoon(s) tahini
- 3 clove(s) of garlic
- 1 leek
- 2 bay leaves
- cherry tomatoes
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- olive oil
Orzo with tahini
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
This is a very tasty orzo! The tahini added, gives it a very interesting flavor!
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Use a wide, short pot or a pan to make this dish.
- Place pot over heat and allow it to get very hot.
- Add 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add the onion and leek and sauté for 5-8 minutes, until they soften and become translucent.
- .Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute then add the cherry tomatoes.
- Add the orzo, can of chopped tomatoes, water, salt and pepper and herbs. Stir and add the tahini.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, transfer mixture to a baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes have gone by, try some to make sure it is done. If not bake a little longer until orzo is completely cooked,
- Remove from oven. Set aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Serve. You can also add some grated cheese.
Sauté the orzo… it becomes absolutely delicious!
Nutrition information per portion
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by