- 250 g zucchini
- some olive oil
- 300 g linguine
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- some parsley, finely chopped
- 150 g pesto alla Genovese sauce
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, for serving
Linguine with Pesto Alla Genovese and Zucchini
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Prepare the pesto alla Genovese sauce and set aside.
- Thinly slice vertically the zucchini.
- Add some olive oil to a pan and sauté the zucchini over medium heat. Allow them to turn golden on both sides, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the linguine to a pot full of salted, boiling water. Let them boil for 7-8 minutes. When ready, reserve about 50 g of the pasta water and drain.
- Toss the pasta with the pesto sauce, zucchini and cherry tomatoes. Add the grated zest and the juice of the lemon. If the sauce seems too dry, add some of the reserved pasta water.
- Mix and serve with finely chopped parsley.
Add some toasted pine nuts, cherry tomatoes and grated Parmesan cheese when serving. It will make your presentation, as wel as your dish …. absolutely delicious!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by