- 500 g linguine
- 80 g walnuts
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 80 g parmesan cheese
- some parsley (finely chopped)
- freshly ground pepper
Walnut Pesto Linguine
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Low in Sugars Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as LS can be made when it contains less than 5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 2.5 gr of sugars per 100 ml of liquid food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Bring a pot full of very salty water to a bowl. Add the linguine and boil as long as the instructions on the box say, minus 1 minute. Reserve a cup of pasta water before draining the pasta.
- Prepare the sauce while the linguine is boiling.
- In a small blender or food processor, add the walnuts, garlic, pinch of salt and the olive oil and blend until it turns into a paste.
- Add the ricotta, parmesan and some black pepper and blend until all of the ingredients have mixed together completely.
- Drain the linguine and put them back into the pot immediately. Add the pesto without placing the pot back on to the heat. Dilute with some of the reserved pasta water so the sauce will turn out rich and creamy.
- Serve warm with some grated parmesan cheese, fresh pepper and garnish with some finely chopped parsley.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by