For the caramelized beetroots
- Place a pan over medium to high heat. Also place a pot full of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Chop the beetroots in to small cubes.
- Add some olive oil to the pan. Add the beetroots and sauté.
- While your beetroots are cooking boil the linguine in the pot.
- Finely chop 3 cloves of garlic and add them to the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the thyme.
- Stir and add some of the reserved beetroot liquid, 4 tablespoons of balsamic cream and about 100 ml of the pasta water.
For the beetroot pesto sauce
- Chop the beetroots in to small cubes. Puree them in a blender.
- Add the olive oil, salt, pepper and beat to combine.
- Add the walnuts and grated parmesan and beat for 30”.
- When the pasta is ready, reserve some of the pasta water and drain. Add them to the pan and stir.
- Add the beetroot puree. Add more of the pasta water if necessary to make the sauce as creamy as you like.
- Remove pan from heat. Add the mint leaves and stir.
- Ready to serve!
- Serve the linguine with the beetroot pasta with the grated zest from 1 lemon, grated parmesan, walnuts and a mint leaf.