- 400 g linguine
- 1-2 bunches fresh nettle
- 200-300 g feta cheese, crumbled
- olive oil
- a handful of almonds
- some garlic
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Boil the linguine in a pot full of salted water, according to the directions on the box.
- Wash the nettle and remove any thick stems. Cut in half.
- 2 minutes before the pasta is ready, add the nettle to the pot.
- Boil for 2 minutes. Reserve a cup of pasta water. Drain pasta and nettle.
- Pulse the almonds along with the garlic in a food processor, until completely broken down.
- Saute the almond and garlic mixture in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the pasta, nettle and feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper and add some of the reserved pasta water if necessary to loosen the pasta. Cook for 2 minutes and remove pan from heat.
- Drizzle with some olive oil and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.