- 500 g whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 broccoli, medium
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 400 g heavy cream 12%
- 50 g sun dried tomatoes
- 200 g cream cheese
- fresh oregano
- fresh thyme
Light pasta with chicken and broccoli
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a pot filled with a generous amount of water over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add salt and the pasta. Boil according to the directions on the package, making sure they are al dente.
- Cut the broccoli into florets and cut the larger florets in half.
- Remove the peel from the stem and cut into small cubes.
- Add the florets to the pot.
- In the meantime, place a large pan over high heat and let it get hot.
- On a cutting board, cut the chicken fillets into small pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper, thyme and chili flakes. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Add them to the pan, sauté and stir with a wooden spoon.
- When golden, add the garlic and the heavy cream.
- Finely chop the sun dried tomatoes and add to the pan.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the penne and broccoli from the pot and add to the pan. IMPORTANT- Do not rinse the pasta with cold water, add them directly to the pan.
- Stir with a wooden spoon and allow the heavy cream to come to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add the thyme, oregano and cream cheese.
- Season to taste and serve with extra thyme and freshly ground pepper.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by