- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for the ground meat
- 750 g ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for the onion
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry thyme
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 100 ml red wine
- 200 ml water
- 1 beef or chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 allspice berries
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 500 gspaghetti
- 100 ml heavy cream
- parmesan cheese, grated for serving
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Low in Sugars Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as LS can be made when it contains less than 5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 2.5 gr of sugars per 100 ml of liquid food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
The original bolognese sauce is made with pieces of meat and some milk. The way I suggest you make it is different, much easier and faster. See the recipe.
- Place a deep nonstick pan over high heat and let it get very hot.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and ¼ of the ground meat, torn apart in to smaller pieces with your hands. Do not break it apart completely so that you bite in to large bits of ground meat.
- Sauté until it is nicely caramelized on the outside. You do not need to cook it all the way through.
- When ready, transfer to a bowl and repeat the same process for another 3 batches of the ground meat and set aside.
- Place the same pan over heat. Add the olive oil, onion, garlic, sugar and dry thyme. Sauté for at least 4-5 minutes, until the onion caramelizes.
- Add the ground meat and tomato paste. Stir.
- Add the wine and allow all of the alcohol to evaporate completely.
- Add the water, bouillon cube, cinnamon stick, bay leaves, all spice and canned chopped tomatoes.
- Lower heat, stir and simmer for at least 10 minutes.
- While the meat sauce is cooking, prepare the pasta.
- Cook the spaghetti in a pot full of salted, boiling water. Boil according to the directions on the package, for about 5-6 minutes. You want the pasta to be al dente.
- When ready, drain and set aside.
- When the sauce has thickened, add the heavy cream. Stir and remove from heat.
- Serve the spaghetti with 2 heaping spoonfuls of Bolognese, fresh parmesan, basil leaves and a generous amount of freshly ground pepper.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by