- 2 sweet potatoes (550-600 g)
- 1 egg
- 200-300 g all-purpose flour + extra for rolling
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
Sweet potato garlic gnocchi
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Low in Sugars Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as LS can be made when it contains less than 5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 2.5 gr of sugars per 100 ml of liquid food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork and wrap them in parchment paper. Microwave them for 15-17 minutes at 800W until they soften.
- Carefully cut them in half and let them cool. Remove the flesh with a spoon and place them in a bowl.
- Mash the sweet potato with a fork.
- In the bowl, add the egg, the flour (the amount depends on how much moisture the sweet potato will release), salt and pepper. Mix until you create a dough that doesn’t stick to your hands.
- In the meantime, place a pot full of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Use a spatula to transfer mixture to a pastry bag without overfilling it.
- Dust the kitchen counter or any surface with flour. Using the pastry bag, make strings of dough. Repeat the process so that you have multiple strings on your counter. Using a knife cut 1 cm stripes creating small dough rectangles. Press each gnocchi’s surface with a fork.
- In a deep bowl, add ice water to be used later.
- Lower heat. When the water simmers, add the gnocchi. When they come up to the surface, fish them with a spaghetti spoon and transfer them to the bowl with the ice water.
- When finished, remove the gnocchi again with the spaghetti spoon. Drain and wipe with a paper towel.
- In a non-stick pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the gnocchi for 2-3 minutes until slightly golden.
- Add the butter, garlic, chili flake and mix using a wooden spoon.
- Sauté for 1 more minute and serve with parsley.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by