- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, thinly sliced
- 10 sprig(s) thyme, only the leaves, chopped
- 7 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 500 g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 100 ml red wine
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 200 ml water
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 500 g penne, boiled
- 2 sprig(s) basil leaves
- 200 g gruyere cheese, grated
- 200 g mozzarella, grated
Oven Baked Penne with Cheese and Bacon
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390^ F) Fan.
- Place a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil, onion, garlic and thyme.
- Stir and add the bacon.
- Stir and sauté for about 2-3 minutes, until the bacon becomes crunchy and the onions caramelize.
- Add the cherry tomatoes. (You can press them between your fingers when you are adding them or crush them with a wooden spoon to release their juices.)
- Add the wine, salt, pepper, water and tomato paste.
- Stir and boil for 10 minutes, until most of the moisture has evaporated.
- Add the penne and basil leaves to the sauce.
- Stir until the penne are coated in the sauce and remove from heat.
- In an oven proof baking dish, add half of the penned and sauce in one layer.
- Add half of the gruyere and half of the mozzarella over them.
- Repeat the same process once more.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the cheese melts and turns golden.
- Serve with extra basil leaves.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by