- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 400-500 g cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic, whole (3+1)
- 8 tablespoons olive oil (3+5)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 50 g pine nuts
- 1 pack rigatoni or your choice of pasta
- some mint leaves
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- some honey
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan
- Toss the cherry tomatoes, eggplant, 2 cloves of garlic, 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread the vegetables in a baking pan and roast for 40 minutes or until softened.
- While the vegetables are roasting, spread the pine nuts in a small baking pan and toast for 4 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a small bowl.
- Fill a pot with salted water. Bring to a boil.
- When it starts to boil, add the pasta. Boil for 11-12 minutes. Reserve some of the pasta water and drain pasta.
- When the vegetables are done, remove from oven. In a blender, add 1 clove of garlic, mint leaves and the remaining olive oil. Blend until all of the ingredients have completely broken down and the mixture thickens slightly. Add half of the vegetables and puree. Add as much honey as you like. The honey takes away any bitter taste the eggplant may have and any sourness the cherry tomatoes may have.
- Transfer pasta to a bowl. Add the sauce mixture and toss. If necessary, add some of the reserved pasta water to loosen the sauce.
- Serve with grated parmesan and the remaining roasted vegetables.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.