- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil, for sautéing
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 Florina peppers (red peppers)
- 10 sprig(s) thyme, fresh
- 400 g cherry tomatoes, cherry, cut in half
- 300 g tuna, from a can
- 400 g fresh Cretan pasta – skioufihta
- 3 tablespoon(s) capers, for serving
Strozzapreti with tuna
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a large, deep pan over high heat.
- Add the olive oil and onion. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the pepper and thyme and sauté for 5 minutes, until the pepper softens.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and tuna.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil the pasta in salted water.
- When ready, drain and toss with the sauce
- Before serving, fry the capers with a small amount of olive oil over low heat, until crunchy and slightly salty.
- Serve pasta with sauce and top with fried capers. Traditionally no cheese is added.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by