- 500 g spaghetti, No5
- 80 ml olive oil, extra virgin
- 6 clove(s) of garlic, thinly sliced
- 5 sprig(s) thyme, only the leaves, finely chopped
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- parsley, fresh
- 100 g parmesan cheese, grated + extra for serving
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Watch the video in sign language here.
- Boil the spaghetti in a pot full of boiling salted water. Cook for 1 minute less than the instructions on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the sauce.
- Place a wide pan over low heat.
- Add the olive oil and garlic. The heat needs to be low so that the olive oil doesn’t burn and the garlic has enough time to infuse it with its aroma.
- Add the chili flakes (1-4 pinches, depending on your tastes), fresh thyme and freshly ground pepper. Stir.
- As soon as the garlic starts to turn golden, your sauce is ready. Add 2 tablespoons of the boiling pasta water and stir.
- Drain the pasta and add them to the pan. Toss to coat.
- Remove from heat. Add the parsley, basil and parmesan.
- Set them aside for 5 minutes, until they soak up the sauce.
- Season to taste and serve with extra grated parmesan and basil leaves.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by