- 2-3 eggplants, cut into 2x2 cm cubes
- 1 can of tomato sauce with basil (400 g)
- 1 package pasta of your choice (500 g)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 50 g honey
- 50 ml vinegar
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- bukovo chili flakes
- ½ bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, mint)
- 100 g parmesan, grated
- 30 g pine nuts
Pasta Alla Norma
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Place a pot full of salted water over high heat.
- Also place a pan over medium heat.
- Chop the eggplants in to 2x2 cm cubes and transfer to a bowl.
- Add 100 ml olive oil, pepper, salt, thyme, oregano and rosemary. Toss.
- To the pan, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the eggplants and sauté, without stirring all the time.
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic and add them to the pan. Stir.
- Sauté for 5-10 minutes, stirring whenever needed.
- When ready, add the pasta to the pot of boiling water and cook according to the instructions on the package.
- To the pan, add the chili flakes and vinegar.
- When the vinegar evaporates, add the honey and stir to combine.
- Add the tomato sauce and 1 cup of the pasta water. Stir.
- Reserve some pasta water and drain pasta.
- Add them to the pan and stir. Add some of the reserved pasta water if necessary.
- Add the grated parmesan. Turn off heat and stir.
- Season to taste and serve with some finely chopped parsley.
- Place another pan over medium heat. Toast the pine nuts and sprinkle over the pasta alla Norma.
Some ingredients need special care in order to have a nicer taste. For instance, the eggplants may be slightly bitter in the summer months. To remove this bitterness, chop the eggplants in to small cubes and place in a bowl. Sprinkle with a generous amount of salt and transfer to a strainer. Set them aside for ½ an hour to strain and remove the bitterness. Rinse with water, dry off and set aside until needed.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by