- 500 g spaghetti
- 2 kilos mussels, frozen
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 2-3 anchovies
- 2 cups water
- various herbs, finely chopped (basil, parsley)
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- olive oil
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Photo credit: G. Drakopoulos - Food Styling: T. Webb
- Sauté the onion, leek, garlic and anchovies with some olive oil in a deep, wide pan over medium heat.
- Puree the 2 cans of chopped tomatoes in a blender. Add to the pan.
- Add the water and spaghetti. Cover pan, lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the mussels and the herbs. Cover and turn off heat but allow pan to stay on heat for a few more minutes.
- If you don’t cover the pot you need to add more water to make sure the pasta cooks properly.
- The mussels don’t need to cook longer. The time and temperature is sufficient for them to cook with the heat turned off. Discard any mussels that don’t open.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.