- 500 g spaghetti
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 350 g fresh salmon, skinned, bones removed
- 70 g tsipouro
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 300 g heavy cream, light
- black pepper
- 100 g cream cheese
- 1/3 bunch dill, finely chopped + extra for serving
- zest from 1 lemon
Salmon and tsipouro spaghetti
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Many thanks to The CookFather for this recipe!
- In a pot, boil the pasta in salted water for 2 minutes less than the instructions on the package.
- When they come to a boil, strain and keep 250 g of the water.
- Transfer pasta to a bowl, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and mix so they don’t stick together. Set aside for later.
- Cut the salmon into thin 2 cm slices without pressing the fish too much.
- Heat the same pot over medium to high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, the salmon and cook until golden on both sides. It will be ready when it does not stick to the pot.
- Add the tsipouro. When the alcohol evaporates, remove salmon from pan. Add the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes until it is soft and starts to caramelize.
- Mix often scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spatula to scrape off any fish pieces stuck.
- Add heavy cream, salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add boiled water (the one you kept from boiling the pasta), the pasta and continue cooking for 3 minutes until the sauce is thick.
- Remove from heat and add the salmon, cream cheese, dill, pepper and lemon zest to the pot.
- Mix with a tong and serve with finely chopped dill.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by