- 500 g potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 egg yolks
- 150-200 g all-purpose flour, (quantily depends on how much moisture the potatoes have)
- 70 g parmesan cheese
Homemade potato gnocchi
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Low in Sugars Diet
Limits all sources of added sugars and encourages the reduction of high-carbohydrate (high glycemic index) foods. A claim that a food can be classified as LS can be made when it contains less than 5 gr of sugars per 100 gr of solid food or 2.5 gr of sugars per 100 ml of liquid food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Boil the potatoes in a pot full of salted water, until they soften.
- When ready, remove from water and drain.
- Set aside in a strainer to allow all of the moisture to evaporate. The drier the potatoes the more successful the recipe will be.
- Pass the potatoes through a food mill into a bowl. Use a spatula to help you. If you don’t have a food mill you can use a potato masher or a fork.
- Set aside until slightly warm and add the egg yolks, 150 g flour, grated parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until the mixture is slightly thick and sticky to the touch. Add a little more flour, if necessary but the less you add the better.
- Fill a pot with water and add some salt. Place over high heat and let it come to a boil.
- Use a spatula to help you transfer the potato mixture into a piping bag. Do not overfill.
- Generously dust a working surface with flour. Pipe out long strips of dough, until you have run out of mixture. Cut strips into 1 cm pieces with a knife.
- Fill a deep bowl with water and ice. Brush oil in the interior of a 35x40 cm baking pan.
- Lower the heat under the pot that is boiling so that the water is simmering. Add the gnocchi in batches. As soon as they rise to the surface, remove with a slotted spoon and drop into the bowl with ice water.
- As soon as all of the gnocchi are done, remove them from the ice water with the slotted spoon. Drain, pat dry with some paper towels and transfer to a bowl.
- Add 5 tablespoons of olive oil and refrigerate until needed.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by