- 1 liter stock, chicken
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 onion, dry, finely chopped
- 1 clove(s) of garlic, minced
- 10 sprig(s) thyme, fresh
- 500 g sweet trahana pasta, wheat
- 100 g white wine
- 400 g kavurma
- 100 g butter
- lime zest, of 1 lime
- lime juice, of 1 lime
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 100 g gruyere cheese
Trahana and Kavurma Sauté
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
This is quite a name for a dish for those of you who don’t know what either of these ingredients are! They are both Mediterranean traditional delicacies that are really worth trying. Kavurma is roasted meat with spices and Trahana is a mixture of grains and yogurt or fermented milk. Tomato trahana is the same but made with tomatoes also.
- Heat up the chicken stock.
- Place a pot over high heat.
- Add the onion and sauté.
- Add the garlic and thyme and sauté.
- Add the trahana. Stir and sauté until golden.
- When the trahana has soaked up all of the onion’s moisture, add the wine.
- Let it evaporate and start to add the chicken stock in batches and continue boiling for about 15 minutes, until the trahana softens.
- In the meantime, place a nonstick pan over high heat.
- Add the kavurma and sauté until golden.
- When the tarhana is ready, remove from heat and add the kavurma and butter. Stir until the butter melts.
- Add the lime zest, lime juice, spring onion and gruyere.
- Stir and season to taste.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by