- 100 g cashew
- 500 g almond milk
- 50 g coconut oil
- 50 g miso paste
- pinch of nutmeg, grated
- 1 small cauliflower (400 g)
- 500 g spaghetti
- ¼ bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 30 g hazelnuts, crumbled, for serving
Vegan spaghetti Alfredo
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Dairy Free Diet
Excludes foods such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and their by-products.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- In a big bowl, add the cashew.
- Add water until the cashew is completely covered. Let them soak for 1 hour. Strain and set aside until needed.
- Place a pot over medium heat. Add the almond milk, coconut oil, miso paste, salt, pepper, nutmeg, cauliflower (cut in florets) and the soaked cashew to the pot.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes until the cauliflower softens.
- Beat all of the ingredients in the pot with an immersion blender until homogenized.
- Pass through a strainer and transfer the smooth sauce to a deep pan.
- Boil the spaghetti in salted water following the instructions on the package (1 minute less than what the instructions say).
- Strain and keep the water in a glass in case you need it for the sauce.
- Transfer the spaghetti to the pan and mix with the sauce. If the sauce is too thick, add some of the water you kept.
- Sprinkle with parsley, crumbled hazelnuts and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by