What is it that makes akispetretzikis.com your favorite cooking website? When we created it a few years back, we didn’t imagine it would become one of the world’s favorite food hubs! Of course, this didn’t happen overnight. Constant improvement, revisions, additions and work brought akispetretzikis.com in the 60th place in the world in the cooking websites category according to Similar Web! I can’t describe how happy I was to hear the news! This is definitely 1 of the facts that you didn’t know about akispetretzikis.com. So, shall we have a look at the remaining 10 that will make you love the website even more?
1. It’s super practical! With the new, revised Mega Menu, users can find the information they want easier and faster. The menu has analytic categories based on various parameters. What does that mean? You can look up a recipe based on a certain cuisine or a certain ingredient. You can look up a recipe based on the type of meal (breakfast, dinner etc.) or a certain diet (vegetarian, dairy-free, gluten-free etc.). You can find it all with a single click and this is only a small sample of the website’s available categories.
2. The homepage is user-friendly. You immediately get an idea of what you can cook for each day of the week upon accessing the website! Best of all: You will find recipes for each season. You can also have a look at recent recipes and read any news on my blog, discover special cooking secrets or even visit akiseshop.com with a single click for some shopping!
3. It has the smartest search engine! Click on the magnifying lens on the toolbar, choose the section that you want to search in and enter the search query. The results will automatically appear under the search bar.
4. You will find EXACTLY that which you need. You can try to make the most difficult recipe you’ve ever made in your life! Why? Because the recipes will guide you step-by-step to success. They have information about preparation time, cooking and waiting time and they also provide cooking tips where necessary. Nothing will go wrong. All you have to do is pick up the ingredients and follow each recipe’s method.
5. You have the most useful tool in your kitchen! We’re talking about the Recipe Book in which you can gather all of the recipes you like and want to try. You can sort them or even create your own dietary plan for the day or for the whole week! Then, you can access these recipes without wasting any time. The Recipe Book is – without any doubt – a very helpful tool!
6. Each recipe has the corresponding Nutritional Symbols. Each recipe is now followed by a special nutritional symbol (VE, VG, GF, DF, EF, LS, SF, NF) which help you understand if a certain recipe is suited for vegetarians or vegans or those who are lactose-intolerant or gluten-intolerant, allergic to eggs or nuts. If it is a recipe low on sugars or sugar-free. Thus, you can have better control of what you eat and you can decide if you want to add a certain recipe to your daily life :-) This makes your cooking smarter, since it helps you better identify each recipe’s properties.
7. Each recipe has its own Nutritional Chart. What does that mean? You can read the recipe’s analytical nutritional chart and learn useful information like calories and fats or sugars, proteins, salt, carbs and fibers each portion contains. With the help of our nutritionist which I consult, I’m writing Good Living articles. Good Living is a column through which we promote a healthier way of life, along with delicious and healthy recipes. Delicious can be healthy.
8. It is unbelievably interactive! You can reach out to each other through akispetretzikis.com and talk about what we love most: good food and everything related to it! Post your comments and questions and I will respond. Send me your recipes exchanging ideas. We can all become better cooks!
9. Cook based on seasons! The tastiest food is the one with seasonal ingredients! In the section “Seasonal”, I list various ingredients (fruits and vegetables) for each season. I’m writing as much information as you need to better manage them.
10. Yummiest news! I’m talking about Yummy News of course, a column in which I’m sharing various yummy news from all over the world!
All of these (and more!) make akispetretzikis.com your favorite website. I couldn’t be prouder!
Thank you all! I promise that I will keep striving to become better and better :-)