We have talked countless times about the BBQ season. About what you need to know to excel at grilling, what you should be careful of while grilling your meat, and also which are these secrets that will give your meat incredible flavor. However, there is something that we have not talked about yet. This is none other than the tools that you should have in order to grill more easily! The truth is that the list of these tools is long. Very long. But, it can also include the most necessary ones. The ones that you should -truly- have. In any case, I prepared you a basic list which you can, of course, adjust to your own personal needs. So, what do you think? Shall we go see it?
- Grill Undoubtedly, it is an essential bbq tool. It can be either a classic charcoal grill, a gas grill, an electric grill or even in a more…compact version that could accompany you outside of the house too.
- Knife Valuable for the preparation of meat, but also for the following process (when the meat will be on the table). Yes, a good knife, as well as a good chopping board, will be very helpful.
- Tongs A good pair of tongs comes in handy if you want to be able to manage your meat properly, without pricking it, so that it stays juicy.
- Spatula A spatula is essential if there are any burgers on your grill. It will help you flip them over without falling apart.
- Brush Do you want to brush specific parts of your meat with a little extra marinade? Then, you will definitely need a brush – not only for the marinade, but also for the lemonade that will take your meat to the next level.
- Racks I refer to the extra racks that you might need, e.g. a rack only for burgers or vegetables, or a special rack for the fish.
- Skewers Do you know how many things you can do with a couple of skewers? Wraps with all kinds of meat, mushroom souvlaki and all sorts of veggies, but even one with cheese! And, generally, anything you might think of.
- Gloves Invest in silicone gloves that will help you manage racks and any other metal objects that will have developed very high temperatures during grilling.
- Apron Why would you have to go change before sitting at the table? An apron will help you move freely, protect your clothes and it will…lead you spotless to the table.
A few platters, bowls, and chopping boards for serving the dishes, a metal ice bucket, and even a wire brush for cleaning the racks and the grill, are some extra things which you should keep in mind.
And now that you learnt all these, what’s left for you to do? Organize your own BBQ and send me photos of your delicious dishes. I can’t wait!