Akis' Tasty Ways
Cake leftovers 4 ways
Black forest trifle
- In a glass, add 150 g of cake cut into cubes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the spoon sweet’s syrup, 1 tablespoon sour cherry spoon sweet, half of the chocolate mousse and 50 g of whipped cream.
- Follow the same process once more.
- Serve with 30 g chocolate flakes and 1 teaspoon sour cherry spoon sweet.
- In a bowl add 200 g of cake into crumbs, 100 g butter, 100 g crushed hazelnuts, 150 g sweetened condensed milk, 15 g cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 level teaspoon cinnamon, and mix well.
- Spread the mixture on a piece of plastic wrap and wrap it into a roll, shaped like a candy. Transfer to the freezer for 2-3 hours to chill.
- Cut into 2 cm pieces and dip them with a fork into a bowl with 100 g melted chocolate couverture. As soon as the chocolate sets, dip half of them into melted white chocolate.
- Let the white chocolate set as well and serve.
- Place a frying pan with 2 tablespoons seed oil over medium heat.
- In a bowl add 3 eggs, 200 g milk, 30 g brown sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 pinch of salt, the zest of 1 orange, and whisk well.
- Cut 400 g of cake into slices and dip them into the bowl with the egg mixture.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden.
- Remove from the pan and add them into a bowl in which you have mixed 100 g granulated sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix to coat their whole surface.
- Serve with honey, berries, and almond slivers.
- In a bowl add 500 g of cake into crumbs.
- In another bowl add 100 g butter at room temperature, 350 g cream cheese, 190 g icing sugar, and beat with a hand mixer for 3-4 minutes until fluffy.
- Transfer the cake crumbs into the bowl with the butter and mix with a silicone spatula.
- Fill some ice cream silicone molds with the mixture and place the cake pop sticks. Transfer to the freezer for 1-2 hours or to the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Take the cake pops out of the molds and dip them into a bowl with 150 g melted chocolate couverture.
- Let the chocolate couverture set and serve with melted white chocolate and sprinkles.