Akis' Tasty Ways
4 ways to use leftover chicken
- Preheat the oven to 180ο C (350ο F) set to fan.
- Spread 1 tablespoon butter in a 20x30 cm ovenproof baking dish. Add 200 g sandwich bread slices on the bottom of the baking dish and press them lightly with your hands.
- Scatter 100 g of ham into cubes, 350 g cooked chicken into slices, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon oregano and 300 g mixed cheeses.
- In a bowl add 3 medium eggs, 500 g milk, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon baking powder, and whisk until the ingredients are homogenized.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and -ideally- allow 30 minutes for the mixture to be absorbed.
- Sprinkle with oregano and bake for 30-40 minutes.
Quick chicken gyro souvlaki
- In a mortar and pestle add 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, 1 pinch chili flakes, the zest of 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon thyme, 1 clove of garlic, and crush them well.
- Add 30 g olive oil, the juice of 1 lemon, and mix until the ingredients are homogenized.
- Add 300 g of finely chopped cooked chicken thigh into a bowl, pour the marinade over it, add salt, pepper, and mix.
- Place 2 pitas on some parchment paper and divide 80 g strained yogurt among them, some tomato slices, onion slices, coriander, the chicken, wrap them and serve.
- In a bowl add 300 g finely chopped cooked chicken, 80 g grated cheddar, 120 g cream cheese, 1 tablespoon mustard, salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon mint, and mix.
- Shape 20 g balls and dredge them into a bowl with flour, then dip them in a bowl with 2 beaten eggs, and then into a bowl with grated bread or dried breadcrumbs.
- Place a frying pan with 300 ml seed oil over medium heat.
- Fry the croquettes for 2-3 minutes, until they are golden and cooked through.
- Serve with ketchup.
Chicken salad in parmesan nest
- Place a 26 cm frying pan over medium heat and spread 30 g parmesan cheese. Allow 2-3 minutes for it to melt.
- Use a silicone spatula to carefully transfer it to an upside-down bowl, press softly with a dish towel, and let it cool for 20 minutes to take the shape of the bowl and set.
- Fill the parmesan nest with 100 g rocket, 100 g cherry tomatoes cut in half, 100 g cooked chicken cut into cubes, and Caesar sauce.
- Break the parmesan into pieces and serve.