Akis' Tasty Ways
4 ideas for avocado recipes
- In a bowl add 100 g cream cheese, ½ teaspoon chili flakes, the zest and juice of ½ lime, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and mix.
- Divide the mixture among 2 toasted slices of bread and then divide 30 g rocket leaves, 30 g cherry tomatoes cut in half, add ½ a sliced avocado to each slice, salt, and pepper.
- Place 1 poached egg on each slice, 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and serve.
- In a bowl add 350 g avocado and press it with a fork until smashed into small pieces.
- Add 1 small tomato into cubes, the zest and juice of 2 limes, onion and garlic finely chopped, and mix.
- Add the mint, the coriander, salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and mix.
- Serve with nachos.
Avocado chocolate mousse
- In a food processor add 2 ripe avocados, 100 g canned coconut milk, 50 g cocoa powder, 80 g honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and process well until the avocado is completely mashed and the ingredients homogenized.
- Transfer to a pastry bag and -ideally- refrigerate it until the mousse is firm.
- Serve over a sweet tart crust along with 30 g blueberries, 50 g raspberries, coconut flakes, and mint.
- Alternatively, serve into a glass.
- In a bowl add 350 g colossal shrimps cut into very thin slices.
- Add the zest of 1 orange and 1 lime, 2 tablespoons of orange juice, the juice of 1 lime, 20 g grated ginger, 1 grated clove of garlic, ½ chili pepper finely chopped, 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and mix.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons coriander, mix, and allow 2-3 minutes for the shrimps to be marinated.
- Cut 2 avocados in half and score their flesh into a crisscross pattern, without piercing the skin.
- Transfer the avocados to a bowl with ice, divide the filling among them, and serve with finely chopped chili pepper, coriander, and olive oil.