Akis' Tasty Ways
4 creative ways to use ice-cream
Ice cream sandwich
- Spread 100 g digestive cookies in a baking pan.
- Divide 400 g vanilla ice cream on top of the cookies and cover with another 100 g cookies.
- Press lightly and transfer to the freezer to chill.
- Dip half of the ice cream sandwich into a bowl with melted chocolate and serve.
Ice cream panna cotta
- In a bowl add 10 g gelatin sheets, water, and let them soak for 5 minutes.
- In a pot add 500 g vanilla ice cream and transfer it over medium-low heat to melt. Turn off the heat.
- Add the gelatin sheets, after squeezing them well with your hands, and stir until they melt.
- Transfer to a measuring jug and fill 4 metal molds for panna cotta.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours, until they are cool and firm, and serve with strawberries and strawberry jam.
- In a food processor add 120 g vanilla ice cream, 4 bananas, 250 g milk, 1 pinch nutmeg, and beat until the ingredients are homogenized.
- Serve into glasses with melted chocolate on the sides, add whipped cream, caramel sauce, melted chocolate, and crushed cookies.
Mug cake with ice cream
- In a bowl add 300 g chocolate ice cream, 100 g self-rising flour, and mix. Make sure that the ice cream is pretty soft to mix the ingredients easily.
- Transfer to 2 mugs that you’ve already floured and dusted with cocoa powder, and microwave them for 2- 2 ½ minutes at 800 Watt.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and sour cherry syrup.