Akis' Tasty Ways
6 ideas for omelets
- Place a frying pan with 400 ml sunflower oil over medium-high heat and let it get very hot.
- Add 1 onion cut into slices and fry it for 1-2 minutes. Remove and transfer to paper towels.
- In the same pan with the oil, add 300 g potatoes cut into thin strips. Fry them for 10-15 minutes over low heat. Remove and transfer to paper towels.
- Crack 8 eggs into a bowl, add salt, pepper, and whisk to break up the eggs. Add the potatoes, the onions, and mix. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Place a frying pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat and let it get very hot.
- Add the egg mixture, cover with the lid, and cook it for 4-5 minutes. After 2-3 minutes, carefully flip the omelet over.
- Serve with parmesan.
- Crack 3 eggs into a bowl and add salt and pepper. Whisk to break up the eggs.
- Place a frying pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Use a spoon to add the eggs into the pan and drag the omelet towards one end of the pan and tilt pan to let the raw omelet “run” and fill the empty side of the pan.
- When the omelet is ready, turn off the heat and add 1 teaspoon thyme and 30 g gruyere cheese.
- Serve with 20 g butter cut into cubes.
Cheese omelet wrap
- Place a frying pan over low heat.
- In a bowl add 8 eggs, salt, pepper, and whisk well to break up the eggs.
- Use a serving spoon to take a little of the mixture and add it to the pan. Add the 60 g mixed cheeses and, once cooked, wrap the omelet but leave the edge unwrapped.
- Add another batch of the mixture into the pan, add 60 g of the cheese and, once cooked, keep wrapping into a roll and leave the edge unwrapped again.
- Follow the same process for the whole mixture and cheese.
- Serve with rocket.
- Place a frying pan over low heat and add 1 teaspoon sunflower oil.
- In a bowl add 4 egg whites, salt, 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar, and whisk until you get a meringue.
- Add the 4 egg yolks and fold gently with a silicone spatula until the ingredients are homogenized.
- Transfer the mixture to the pan, cover with the lid, and cook it for 4-5 minutes.
Sausage and egg bread pudding
- In a bowl add 4 medium eggs, 200 g milk, salt, pepper, 140 g all-purpose flour, and whisk well. Ideally, refrigerate the mixture for 1 hour covered with plastic wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 200ο C (390ο F) set to fan.
- Place a frying pan with 50 g seed oil over high heat until it gets very hot.
- Transfer the mixture to the hot oil and cook it for 20 minutes.
- Remove and spread 200 g ready-made tomato sauce over its whole surface, add 100 g gruyere cheese, 200 g cooked country sausage, 100 g cherry tomatoes, 2 fried eggs, salt, pepper, and serve.
- Preheat the oven to 180ο C (350ο F) set to fan.
- In a bowl add 8 medium eggs, salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon baking powder, and whisk well until the eggs are broken up and the baking powder is dissolved.
- In a paella pan add 500 g French fries, 150 g feta cheese crumbled into pieces, and 50 g finely chopped sundried tomatoes.
- Pour the egg mixture over them, add 1 tablespoon oregano, and cook the omelet for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove and serve.