- 1 onion, medium
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 250 g agaricus mushrooms, small sized
- 2 medium finocchio, outer leaves peeled
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon anise seeds
- 2 sprigs thyme, only the leaves
- 350 g sour trahana
- 100 g ouzo
- 500 g water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tomato
- 50 g parmesan cheese, grated
Finocchio and Mushroom Trahanoto
- Finley chop the onion and garlic.
- Quarter the mushrooms and place in a bowl.
- Cut the finocchio in half, lengthwise and thinly slice, vertically.
- Place a pot over medium heat, add the olive oil and let it get hot.
- Add the onion, garlic, mushrooms, finocchio, anise seeds and thyme leaves.
- Sauté for 5 minutes, until the vegetables caramelize and the seeds are toasted.
- Add the trahana and stir for 2-3 minutes with a wooden spoon to distribute among the vegetables.
- Add the ouzo and wait for 2-3 minutes so the alcohol can evaporate.
- Add the water, bouillon cube, salt and pepper.
- Stir often so that the trahana doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- As soon as the water is absorbed, the trahana is ready.
- Remove from heat, finely chop the spring onion and tomato.
- Add them to the pot, season to taste, sprinkle with grated parmesan and serve
Rate this recipe You need to login