- 500 g chicken thigh fillet, boneless, skinless
- 1 egg yolk, for brushing
- olive oil
- 850 g puff pastry sheets
- 1 zucchini, chopped into 0.5 cm cubes
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2-3 stick(s) celery, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove(s) of garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, cut into 0.5 cm cubes
- 250 g champignon mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2-3 potatoes, boiled and cut into pieces
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1.000-1.250 g water
- 250 g white wine
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 250 g heavy cream 35%
- 1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) thyme, fresh
- 1 teaspoon(s) mustard, powder
- sesame seeds, black
English Chicken Pot Pie
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
- Place a pan over medium heat and let it get very hot.
- Add some olive oil and begin chopping your vegetables and adding them to the pan to sauté them.
- Coarsely chop the onion and add it to the pan.
- Cut the carrots in to 4 pieces, lengthwise and then chop in to cubes. Add them to the pan.
- Thinly slice the finochio and add it to the pan.
- Thinly slice the celery and add it to the pan.
- Cut the zucchini in to 4 pieces, lengthwise and then chop in to cubes. Add them to the pan.
- Last, mince the garlic and add it to the pan.
- Add some finely chopped fresh thyme.
- When ready, transfer the sautéed vegetable to a bowl.
- Place pan back on heat and add some olive oil.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms and add them to the pan.
- Sauté for 1 minute and transfer to bowl with the rest of the vegetables.
- Place pan back on heat.
- Cut the chicken in to 5 cm slices. Drizzle with some olive oil and season with some salt and pepper.
- When the pan is very hot, add the chicken. Let the first side brown and turn over to brown the other side.
- Let the chicken brown without mixing or turning it over again.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of flour, white wine, bouillon cube and heavy cream.
- Stir and add the same amount of water as you did heavy cream. Cook for 5 minutes, until the sauce thickens slightly.
- When ready, transfer to the bowl with the vegetables and stir.
- Finely chop the parsley. Add it to the pan along with the mustard powder and stir.
- Transfer mixture to an ovenproof baking dish. Add the boiled potatoes and set aside for 15 minutes so it can cool.
- Dilute the egg yolk with some water. Whisk and brush the edges of the baking dish.
- Roll out puff pastry and cover baking dish with it. Press down on the edges to make sure it sticks.
- Brush the top with the diluted egg yolk and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
- Pierce the puff pastry in a few spots so the steam can escape while baking.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by