- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 100 g champignon mushrooms
- 200 g spinach
- 500 g Florina peppers (red peppers), roasted in a jar
- 7 eggs, medium
- 250 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 sprig(s) thyme, finely chopped
- 3 sprig(s) oregano, finely chopped
- 3 sprig(s) rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 puff pastry sheets
- 250 g ham, slices
- 250 g mozzarella, slices
- 250 g salami, slices
Savory Italian torta
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Place a pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Thinly slice the mushrooms and add them to the pan. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until they turn golden.
- Add the spinach to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes, until they wilt. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the pan. Line a bowl with paper towels and add the mushroom and spinach mixture to strain their juices.
- Drain the red horned peppers and pat them dry with paper towels. Cut them in half, lengthwise to open them up.
- In a bowl, add the 6 eggs, grated parmesan, thyme, oregano, rosemary and pepper. Whisk until all of the ingredients are completely combined.
- Carefully spread a sheet of puff pastry on the bottom and sides of a 25 cm springform pan.
- Place half of the peppers over it, one next to the other until the whole bottom of the pan is covered.
- Spread half of the ham slices over the peppers, then half of the mozzarella slices and then add the salami slices. Cover with half of the mushroom and spinach mixture.
- Pour half of the egg mixture over it.
- Repeat the same process in the same order, ending with the egg mixture.
- Turn the walls of the puff pastry inward and over the filling.
- Beat the yolk of the 7th egg and lightly brush the puff pastry.
- Cut a 26 cm circle in the 2nd puff pastry sheet and carefully cover the springform pan, pressing it on to the edges of the first puff pastry sheet so it can stick. Press the edges downward and brush with the egg yolk.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. If it becomes too golden brown, cover it with aluminum foil towards the end.
- When ready, remove from oven and allow it to cool for 2 hours, at room temperature.
- Run a knife between the pan and the puff pastry in case they have stuck to the pan. Cut into pieces and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by