- 300 g ground beef, cooked, leftover
- 100 g cream cheese
- 100 g gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) parsley, finely chopped
- 850 g puff pastry sheets
- 1 egg yolk, diluted in 2 tablespoons water
Mini beef pithiviers
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Drain the sauce of the cooked ground beef, if there is any, and transfer the beef to a bowl.
- Add the cream cheese, the gruyere, the parsley, pepper, and mix with a spoon until there is a uniform mixture. Refrigerate the bowl until you prepare the puff pastry.
- With a rolling pin, lightly roll out one puff pastry sheet on your working surface. Cut the sheet with a 10 cm round cookie cutter into 8 circles.
- Divide the ground beef among the center of each circle.
- With the rolling pin, roll out the second puff pastry sheet on your working surface. Cut the sheet with a 12 cm round cookie cutter into 8 circles.
- With a 2 cm round cookie cutter, cut the center of each circle and, with a knife, score lines from the small circle up to the edges of the large circle.
- Brush the egg wash around the edges of the puff pastry sheets that have the ground beef filling.
- Cover one puff pastry sheet with the filling with the larger puff pastry sheet and seal the edges well by pressing lightly with your hands.
- Follow the same process for all the puff pastry sheets.
- Transfer the puff pastry sheets to a baking pan lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190ο C (370ο F) set to fan.
- Brush the puff pastry with the remaining egg wash and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Serve the pithiviers with finely chopped parsley.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by