- butter, for the tart pans
- 300 g ready-made shortcrust pastry
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoon(s) parsley
- 50 g gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, medium
- 100 g heavy cream 35%
- rocket, to serve
Mini quiche Lorraine
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 180ο C (350ο F) set to fan.
- Lightly butter 4 mini tart pans, 8 cm in diameter.
- Roll out the ready-made shortcrust pastry on your working surface.
- Use a round 10 cm cookie cutter or a knife to cut 4 dough disks and put them on the mini tart pans.
- Cover the bottom and the sides of each tart pan with the dough.
- With a fork, prick the surface of each tart dough in several spots.
- Spread a piece of plastic wrap on each mini tart and add legumes as pie weights, so they don’t rise during baking.
- Put the tart pans in the oven and bake them for 10 minutes, until they are lightly golden.
- Take the tart pans out of the oven and remove the pie weights.
- Finely chop the bacon, the parsley, and add them into a bowl along with the gruyere cheese, the eggs, the heavy cream, the salt, and the pepper.
- Whisk until the mixture is homogenized and fill the ¾ of the tart pans.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the filling is set.
- Remove the tart pans from the oven and leave them at room temperature to set completely for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with rocket leaves.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by