- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 clove(s) of garlic
- 100 g baby spinach
- 200 g pork belly, cooked
- 25 g butter
- 25 g all-purpose flour
- 250 g water
- 1 egg yolk, diluted with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 puff pastry sheet
Pork belly pot pies
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 190ο C (375ο F) set to fan.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Finely chop the onion, the carrot, and the garlic.
- Sauté the vegetables for 2 minutes in the frying pan, until they are slightly tender.
- Add the spinach and sauté for 1 more minute until it is wilted.
- Cut the cooked pork belly into pieces add it to the pan along with salt and pepper. Mix with a wooden spoon and remove the pan from the heat.
- Heat the butter in a pot over medium heat.
- Add the flour and whisk until there is a thick paste.
- Slowly add the water by whisking constantly. As soon as the mixture comes to a boil, remove the pot from the heat and add the vegetable mixture into the pot. Mix with the wooden spoon and divide the mixture among two clay pots, 15 cm each.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into 2 circles, 17 cm in diameter.
- Brush the sides of the clay pots with the egg wash, cover with the puff pastry sheet, and make a hole to let the steam escape during baking.
- Add the clay pots in the oven and bake for 25 minutes until the pastry is golden and puffed.
- Remove the clay pots from the oven and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by