- 100 g chorizo
- 250 g ground chicken
- 1 onion
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 clove(s) of garlic
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 50 g white wine
- lime zest, of 1 lime
- 50 g cream cheese
- 1/4 bunch coriander
- 2 puff pastry sheets
- 1 egg yolk, of a medium egg, diluted in 2 tablespoons water
Chicken and chorizo empanadas
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Heat a wok over medium heat.
- Cut the chorizo into cubes and sauté them for 2 minutes.
- Remove the chorizo pieces and sauté the ground chicken for 3-4 minutes, until golden.
- Finely chop the onion, the chili pepper, the red pepper, the garlic, and sauté them for 3 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, the cumin, and mix with a serving spoon.
- Deglaze the wok with the wine and allow 1 minute for it to be absorbed.
- Remove the wok from the heat, add the lime zest, the cream cheese, and mix with the serving spoon.
- Finely chop the coriander, add it to the wok, and mix with the serving spoon.
- Set the filling aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 190oC (375o F) set to fan.
- Spread the puff pastry sheets on your working surface and cut them with round 10 cm cookie cutters.
- Divide the filling among the center of each puff pastry circle.
- Lightly brush the edges of each circle with water and fold in half to create half-moons.
- Press the edges together with a fork and transfer the empanadas to two baking pans lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the empanadas with the egg wash and bake for 20-22 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by