- 100 g butter
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 1 liter milk
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 500 g feta cheese
- 200 g gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 egg yolks, from medium eggs
- 450 g phyllo dough sheets
- 100 g olive oil
- 10 g sesame seeds
Easy cheese bougatsa with phyllo
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven 180ο C (350ο F) set to fan.
- Place a pot over medium heat and add the butter. As soon as it melts, add the flour and whisk until the whole flour is absorbed.
- Add the milk in batches by whisking constantly until the mixture thickens and starts boiling.
- Remove from the heat and add the nutmeg, salt, pepper, and mix.
- Add the feta cheese crumbled, the gruyere, the egg yolks, and mix.
- Grease a baking pan and spread 2 phyllo sheets, making sure to cover the whole surface of the pan and to leave an overhang.
- Add one more phyllo sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Follow the same process for two more phyllo sheets, so that -in total- you have 5 sheets at the bottom.
- Spread the filling and cover with the remaining phyllo, drizzling with olive oil in between.
- Fold the overhanging phyllo inwards to crimp the bougatsa and score into 12 pieces.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Let it cool and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by