- 450 g phyllo dough sheets
- 200 ml milk
- 300 g edam cheese
- 200 g gouda cheese
- 100 g emmental cheese
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 3 eggs, small
- 100 g butter, melted, to brush phyllo
- sesame seeds, black, for sprinkling
Easiest Greek Cheese Pie
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Our member Maria Stamatopoulou sent in this recipe! Thank you!
- Brush a baking pan with olive oil.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Brush 2 sheets of phyllo dough with the melted butter and spread them in the pan, one at a time.
- Place half of the pack of phyllo dough next to you. Brush each phyllo with butter, crumple and place in the pan. Repeat process until all of the sheets of phyllo (half the pack) are done.
- Spread the grated cheeses and cover with the remaining half of the package of phyllo dough in the same way as before. Brush with butter, crumple and add to pan. Adding the sheets of phyllo, crumpled in this way, makes it easier for the air to circulate in the pie while it is baking and makes it puffier.
- Score gently with a sharp knife.
- Use a hand whisk to whisk the eggs, baking and pepper. Pour over the pie carefully, making sure it gets in between the scored sheets of phyllo.
- Pour the milk over the pie.
- Shake the pan gently to make sure the mixture goes everywhere.
- Set aside for 10 minutes until it is absorbed.
- Cover pie with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown.
Nutrition information per 100 gr.
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by