- 320 g kourou dough sheet
- 300 g ground beef, cooked, leftover
- 200 g canned tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 tablespoon(s) thyme, + extra finely chopped, to serve
- 150 g feta cheese
- 1 egg yolk, diluted with 1 tablespoon water
Minced beef pie with feta cheese
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 180ο C (350ο F) set to fan.
- Line a 30x40 cm baking pan with parchment paper and spread the kourou dough sheet onto the baking pan.
- Mix the cooked ground beef with the canned tomato into a bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, the cumin, the thyme, and mix with a spoon.
- Pour the mixture over half of the kourou dough sheet, leaving a 2 cm border on each side.
- Crumble the feta cheese with your hands and scatter it over the ground beef filling.
- Lightly brush the edges of the sheet with the egg wash, cover with the other half of the kourou dough sheet, and press the edges with a fork to stick together well.
- Brush the pastry with the remaining egg wash.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
- Remove from the oven and cut the pie into pieces.
- Serve with finely chopped thyme.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by