- 300 g bacon, smoked, cut into 1cm cubes
- 500 g wild mushrooms
- 200 g gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon(s) thyme, fresh, finely chopped
- pepper, a generous amount
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 500 g heavy cream 35%
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- savory tart dough
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
A super delicious and very impressive quiche!
- Prepare the savory tart dough and make the tart shell.
- Preheat oven to 150* C (300* F) Fan.
- Place a pan over high heat and let it get very hot.
- Chop the slab of bacon in to small cubes.
- Add them to the hot pan without any extra oil and brown nicely on all sides.
- These are called bacon lardons and can be used to add a huge amount of flavor to any dish or salad.
- When ready, spread them in the tart shell, leaving the oil from the bacon in the pan.
- Place pan back over high heat and let it get hot.
- Cut the septs in half and the Shitake and Portobello almost whole.
- Add them to the pan and sauté until they release all of their moisture, it evaporates and they dry out and turn golden on all sides.
- To the tart shell, add the grated gruyere, fresh thyme, a generous amount of freshly ground pepper, ground nutmeg and the mushrooms.
- In a bowl or measuring jug, add the heavy cream, eggs and egg yolks.
- Whisk until completely combined and pour over the ingredients in the tart shell.
- Carefully transfer to the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- When ready, remove from oven and carefully cut away the top edges of the shell for a nicer presentation.
- Remove quiche from pan, cut in to pieces and serve!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by