- 600 g zucchini
- 200 g feta cheese
- 4 eggs, medium
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 40 g olive oil
- 1/3 bunch mint
- 150 g self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for the baking pan
- 50 g sesame seeds, for sprinkling
Zucchini and feta pie without phyllo
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Wash the zucchini, cut off the ends and grate.
- Transfer to a clean kitchen towel, wrap and squeeze to remove any excess moisture. You should have 350 g of zucchini after this process.
- Place in a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients – coarsely chopped feta, eggs, lemon zest, 40 g olive oil, finely chopped mint, flour, pepper and some salt (depending on how salty the feta is).
- Mix with a wooden spoon until all of the ingredients are completely combined.
- Brush a 30 cm round baking pan with olive oil and sprinkle the bottom and sides with sesame seeds to coat.
- Add the zucchini mixture and sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into pieces and serving.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by