- 200 g butter
- 500 g macaroni, whole grain, boiled
- 1 tablespoon(s) thyme
- 2 eggs, medium
- 500 g heavy cream 35%
- 400 g feta cheese
- 200 g gruyere cheese, grated
- 10 g pepper
- 450 g phyllo dough sheet
Greek pasta phyllo pie – Makaronopita
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 200ο C (390ο F) set to fan.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat, add the butter, and let it melt.
- In a bowl add the pasta, the thyme, the eggs, the heavy cream, the feta cheese crumbled with your hands, the gruyere, pepper, and mix well.
- Butter a 35x45 cm baking pan. Spread two phyllo sheets into the baking pan so that they overhang and drizzle with butter.
- Place the next phyllo sheet and drizzle with the butter. Follow the same process for half of the phyllo sheets, drizzling in between with butter.
- Spread the filling over the whole surface of the pan and cover with the remaining phyllo sheets, drizzling with the whole butter in between.
- Turn the phyllo sheets that overhang inwards to crimp the pie and score into 12 pieces.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Let it cool and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by