- 3-4 eggplants
- 3 leeks
- 225 g gruyere cheese
- 150 g kefalotyri cheese
- 100 g feta cheese
- 100 g walnuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 2 sprig(s) rosemary, only the leaves, finely chopped
- 100 g olive oil
Eggplant phyllo pie with walnuts
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
- Cut the eggplants in half, lengthwise. Use a small sharp knife and carve the flesh in a crisscross manner.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and place the eggplants cut side down. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until softened.
- When they are ready, remove from oven and set aside until they are cool enough to handle. Then spoon out the flesh with a spoon and finely chop it. Set the eggplant shell aside until needed.
- Cut the leeks into 0.5 cm slices and sauté them with some olive oil in a pan over high heat. Add the chopped eggplant flesh, walnuts, cumin and rosemary. Sauté for 1 minute more.
- Remove pan from heat and add the cheeses.
- Brush a round baking pan with olive oil. Use half of the phyllo dough. Brush each sheet of phyllo with olive oil and spread them in the pan.
- Add the filling.
- Fold over the phyllo that is hanging over the edges of the pan one at a time, brushing each one with olive oil. Repeat the same process with the remaining half of phyllo dough sheets to cover filling. Score the top of the pie.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until the top of the pie is golden brown and crunchy.
Baking the eggplants instead of frying them makes this dish lighter. If you can find the sweet and very tender, famous Tsakonian eggplants, slice them into thin rounds and sauté them in a pan… simply delicious!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by