- 1 kilo zucchinis
- ¼ bunch mint
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 4 medium eggs
- 400 g feta cheese
- zest of 1 lemon
- 100 g olive oil
- 200 g strained yogurt
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 20 g maize flour, for the baking pan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Greek crustless zucchini pie – Batzina
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 180ο C (350ο F) set to fan.
- Grate the zucchinis, using the large holes of a box grater, and add them into a bowl.
- Add salt and mix with your hands by squeezing them to extract their whole moisture. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Put the zucchinis into a tea towel, squeeze well to extract the moisture, and add them into a bowl.
- Finely chop the mint and the basil, and add them into the bowl with the zucchinis.
- Add the eggs, half of the feta cheese crumbled with your hands, the lemon zest, salt, pepper, the olive oil, the yogurt, and mix.
- In a bowl mix the flour with the baking powder, add them into the bowl with the rest of the ingredients, and mix until there is a uniform mixture.
- Grease a 30x40 cm baking pan and sprinkle with the maize flour and salt.
- Add the rest of the feta cheese crumbled with your hands, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by