- 200 g bulgur wheat
- 500 g water
- 8 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 5 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch dill, finely chopped
- 500 g champignon mushrooms
- 200 g spinach
- 300 g feta cheese
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 450 g phyllo dough sheet
- olive oil, for brushing phyllo
- sesame seeds, for sprinkling
Spinach mushroom and bulgur phyllo pie
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Egg Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to this food.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
Barley is the best type of carbohydrate to incorporate into your meal!
- Sauté the bulgur in a deep pan over high heat along with 2-3 tablespoons olive oil. Careful not to burn it. Remove from heat and add the water and the bouillon cube. Bring to a boil over medium heat. As soon as it comes to a boil, transfer to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set it aside to soak up all of the water and expand.
- If you want to see the process check out this video.
- Place a clean pan over high heat. Let it get very hot and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Chop the mushrooms into slices. Add 1/3 of the mushrooms and sauté them until golden. Season with salt and pepper. When ready, transfer to a bowl. Repeat the same process with the next 1/3 and when ready add the final 1/3.
- Finely chop the onions, season with salt and pepper. Add them to the pan and sauté them with 1 tablespoon olive oil for 1 minute. Transfer to the bowl with the mushrooms.
- If you are using frozen spinach, place it in a bowl with boiling water for 1 minute. Squeeze it to release all of the liquid and add it to the bowl with the mushrooms and onions.
- If you are using fresh spinach, sauté it in the pan.
- Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Place the bulgur in a separate, large bowl. Add the mushrooms, onions, spinach and freshly chopped dill. Drizzle with some olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix. Crumble the feta cheese over it and mix.
- Brush a pyrex or baking dish with olive oil. Spread 6 sheets of phyllo dough in it, brushing each sheet with olive oil before spreading.
- Add the filling on top and cover with the rest of the sheets of phyllo dough, brushing each one with olive oil before spreading in baking dish.
- Turn the edges over all around the baking dish to cover the filling. Brush some olive oil all around the edge of the pie.
- Score the whole surface of the pie into pieces, as you would a baklava and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until the phyllo becomes crunchy and golden.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by