For the mashed sweet potatoes
- Place a pot over medium heat and fill it with water.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into pieces.
- Put the sweet potato pieces in the pot along with some salt.
- Let them boil until they get tender, for 20-30 minutes.
- When a knife goes through the sweet potato’s pieces easily, then they are ready.
For the filling
- While the sweet potatoes are boiling, prepare the filling and preheat the oven to 180οC (356ο F) set to fan.
- Place a deep pan over medium heat and add some olive oil in it.
- Sauté the onion until it softens, for about 2 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and press with a wooden spoon in order to break up any clumps.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the peas, corn, and mushrooms. Sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and the tomato paste.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes while mixing with the wooden spoon and then, add the water and the chicken cube. Let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes.
- Then, remove from the heat and put the ground turkey along with the liquids in a 30cm ovenproof oval roasting pan. Set aside until the mashed sweet potatoes are prepared.
- Drain the sweet potato pieces and leave them in a strainer so that the water is totally drained. With a potato masher or a fork, mash the sweet potatoes well.
- Add the olive oil, salt and then mix.
- Transfer the mashed sweet potatoes in a pastry bag and decorate the roasting pan by creating toppings over the ground turkey.
- Sprinkle with paprika and bake for 30 minutes until the mashed potatoes turn lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve.