- 220 g all-purpose flour, +extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 50 g butter, cut into cubes
- 50 g almonds, chopped
- 6 almonds, for serving
- 120-150 ml milk, 3,5%
- 1 egg, beaten
- goat cheese, soft, for serving (optional)
- fig jam, for serving (optional)
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 220* C (428* F) Fan.
- Lightly dust a baking pan with flour.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and a good pinch of salt in a large bowl.
- Add the butter and rub the mixture between your fingertips, until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the almonds and milk. Mix with a fork until combined.
- Shape the mixture into a compact ball. Try not to overwork the dough or else the scones will become heavy.
- Spread out the dough on a working surface. Use your hands to shape it into a round disc about 3 cm thick.
- Use a sharp knife to cut it into 6 equal sized triangles.
- Transfer to baking pan. Brush with the beaten egg and place an almond on to each scone.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until they rise and turn golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Try serving them with goat cheese and fig marmalade!
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*The nutritional chart and the symbols refer to the basic recipe and not to the serving suggestions.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by