- 260 g feta cheese
- 1 tomato
- 850 g puff pastry sheet
- 1 egg, for brushing
- 1 teaspoon(s) sesame seeds
- 100 g honey
Feta cheese pockets
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat oven to 200* C (390* F) Fan.
- Pat the feta cheese dry with paper towels and cut into 8 pieces.
- Slice the tomatoes and let them strain from their juices.
- Lay the puff pastry out onto a floured working surface. Place the 8 pieces of feta cheese onto the pastry in equal distance from one another.
- Place the tomato slices on 4 of the feta cheese pieces and also sprinkle with oregano.
- Brush water onto the areas of pastry with no filling. Place the other sheet of pastry on top. Press down on the spaces with no filling to seal.
- Cut out 8 filled squares. Transfer to a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the pastry with egg wash, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Drizzle honey over the 4 pieces that don't have tomato.
The nutritional chart refers to the honey pockets.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by