- 1 kilo spinach
- 40 g water
- 3 spring onions
- 1/3 bunch dill
- 1/3 bunch mint
- 200 g cream cheese
- zest from 1 lemon
- 500 g feta cheese
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 650 g kourou dough
- 20 g sesame seeds
Greek spinach kourou dough pie - Spanakopita
Diet based on cereals, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and other animal foods such as honey and eggs. Excludes meat, fish, mollusks.
Nuts Free Diet
It is usually followed when someone is allergic to nuts.
Αdd to my “Recipe Book”
Need to login
- Preheat the oven to 180ο C (356ο F) set to fan.
- Place a frying pan over high heat.
- Add the spinach, the water, and sauté for 3-4 minutes until it wilts, loses all of its moisture, and only the 1/5 of its total volume remains.
- Finely chop the spring onions and add them to the pan.
- Finely chop the dill, the mint, and add them into a bowl. Add the ingredients from the frying pan, salt, pepper, cream cheese, lemon zest, the feta cheese crumbled, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and mix.
- Grease a 28 cm baking pan and spread one kourou dough sheet.
- Spread the filling, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, and cover with the other kourou dough sheet. Fold the edges of the pie all around the baking pan in order to crimp the pie, and spread 2 tablespoons olive oil. Cut into 8 pieces and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Allow 10-15 minutes for it to cool on a rack and serve.
Nutrition information per portion
Shows how much energy food releases to our bodies. Daily caloric intake depends mainly on the person’s weight, sex and physical activity level. An average individual needs about 2000 kcal / day.
Are essential to give energy to the body while helping to maintain the body temperature. They are divided into saturated "bad" fats and unsaturated "good" fats.
Known as "bad" fats are mainly found in animal foods. It is important to check and control on a daily basis the amount you consume.
The main source of energy for the body. Great sources are the bread, cereals and pasta. Use complex carbohydrates as they make you feel satiated while they have higher nutritional value.
Try to consume sugars from raw foods and limit processed sugar. It is important to check the labels of the products you buy so you can calculate how much you consume daily.
It is necessary for the muscle growth and helps the cells to function well. You can find it in meat, fish, dairy, eggs, pulses, nuts and seeds.
They are mainly found in plant foods and they can help regulate a good bowel movement while maintaining a balanced weight. Aim for at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
A small amount of salt daily is necessary for the body. Be careful though not to overdo it and not to exceed 6 grams of salt daily
*Based on an adult’s daily reference intake of 2000 kcal.
*To calculate nutritional table data, we use software by