- Turn on the broiler, set to 200* C (390* F).
- Drizzle the eggplants and peppers with the basil infused olive oil. Roast until they soften. The peppers need about 10 minutes and the eggplants need 20 minutes.
- When the peppers are ready, transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let them cool for 5 minutes. This process will help to peel them easier.
- Adjust the oven to preheat at 180* C (350* F) Fan.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and spread a sheet of phyllo dough on it. Brush phyllo with butter.
- Repeat the same process for the remaining 4 sheets of phyllo dough. Sprinkle some grated gruyere and ½ the pine nuts over the top sheet.
- Add the peppers, eggplants and the remaining grated gruyere and pine nuts in layers, leaving a 2.5 cm border on the longer side.
- Fold the longer edge with the border inward and roll into a log.
- Brush the remaining butter over the top. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle some grated parmesan.
- Transfer roll to baking pan and bake for 20 minutes, until crunchy and golden.
Rate this recipe
You need to login