- 1 kourou phyllo dough sheet
- 750 g broccoli, frozen
- 150 g ham, in one piece
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 spring onions
- 250 g heavy cream
- 250 g cream cheese
- 200 g gruyere cheese, grated
- 100 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 pinches of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons mixed herbs, for serving (parsley, mint, oregano, thyme)
1 hour 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 160* C (320* F) Fan.
- Grease a 28 cm round tart pan with butter and dust with flour.
- Spread 1 sheet of phyllo dough in the pan and press down on it with your hands to help it stick to the bottom and sides of the pan, making sure that the ends hang over the sides of the pan. Do not cut the ends. Store the remaining 1 sheet of phyllo to use again at another time.
- Pierce the base of the phyllo all over with a fork.
- Place a pot full of water over high heat and add the broccoli.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, cook for 3-5 minutes and drain.
- Place a nonstick pan over high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Cut the ham and spring onions into 0.5 cm pieces and add them to the pan.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes until golden. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, add the heavy cream, cream cheese, gruyere, half of the parmesan, eggs and egg yolk.
- Whisk until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Add the nutmeg, whisk and set aside.
- Remove the tart shell from the oven and set it aside to cool.
- Spread half of the broccoli on the bottom of the tart shell.
- Place the rest of the broccoli in a clean towel and squeeze it to remove all of the liquid.
- Transfer to a food processor and beat until it is pureed.
- Add it to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Finely chop the mint and thyme and add it to the tart.
- Add all of the filling and spread evenly.
- Cut away the overhanging phyllo exactly at the rim of the tart pan and sprinkle tart with parmesan.
- Carefully transfer tart to oven and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- When ready, remove from oven and allow to cool for 1 hour. Ideally this tart is served at room temperature.
- To serve, take a cutting board and add the parsley, mint, oregano, thyme, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and top with a nice piece of broccoli tart!
Rate this recipe You need to login